Fans have been a very important devices in human life especially I the lives of the people of the tropical and developing countries because in the developed nations people have their more complex and sophisticated as well as evolved method of air conditioning. The under developed countries and the developing ones are left to depend upon the fans for warding off the heat. Mostly people know about the working of the fan and the mechanism employed by it to do the job it has to do. But seldom do people know how a ceiling fan is manufactured.
Well the manufacturing of a ceiling fan is a many step process and a complex one as well. To fully understand the manufacturing process of the fan one should be coherent with the few technical terms. The steps of the manufacture of a fan are as follows:
- In the very first step the casing of the ceiling fan is moulded and the molten metal is poured into the cast and allowed to cool. Then it is taken out and checked for defects if any the casted metal is discarded and again sent for melting.
- At the same time stator plate is either moulded or cut out from a block of metal and shaped as per the requirement using the multifunction lathe and the grinding machines. The drill machines are also used to drill through the stator at various places where required.
- The automatic winding machine taken in copper wires from various spools and winds it on the stator and thus completing the winding part of the fan.
- The collection of such windings on the stator is taken and dipped in varnish and allowed to remain there for some time so that the varnish seeps in between the wires of the winding and this provides the insulation and at times also reduces losses.
- The stator is taken out of the varnish and made to dry.
- The casted metal casing is sent though many machines to give it a fine finish and when finally, the casing is ready for using it is taken and hang rod made is fixed in it in the grove given for it and the stator is slid on it and the above covering s slid over it. The complete assembling of the fan is done by hands with slight help from a few selected machines.
- After assembling and sealing the casing by means of screws and all it is sent for testing. Testing is done in terms of speed of rotation, noise produced, stability of the fan, vibrations produces and their magnitude. If any of these along with a few other factors is not within the limits the fan is resent to the plant for further rectifications. If it is ok it is sent ahead.
- In the meantime, the blades of the fan are being prepared by either processing sheets of metal or by pressing layers of foaming polystyrene material and forming a thin sheet of hard polystyrene which serves as a blade. The fan blade is then painted and varnished after being shaped accordingly and sent for testing on grounds of strength, stability, sturdiness etc.
- On being passed it is finally assembled with the already assembled fan (the motor part) and tested finally with all the components and then passed for the market or rectified of the defects if found and then passed.
- The blades are dissembled and the fan is packed and sent for the market.
Check out the best energy efficient portable fans on atomberg.com. Buy now!